Step 1 (Generate Traffic On your Online Presence): Take A Business case
In this step, We will consider some Business case for some companies. If you are running any business or Blog site you can work for yourself. This is an important step to pull users from some great channels like Search Engine and social media. So, Let’s start.
Here are some example Cases:
- Generating traffic for Amazon India
- Generating traffic for TCS
- Generating Traffic for BloggerWlogger
- Generating traffic for Yogic Energy
- Increase the returns on investment in your reach building efforts in your existing business
Step 2(Generate Traffic On your Online Presence): Identify The Online Sources Target Audiences Are Visiting
In Digital Marketing, there are a lot of platforms to generate traffic in budget or free. But you have to find out which platforms are good for you. It’s time to shortlist Platform which the target audiences are going.
Here are some of the examples of Platforms:
- Search Engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing or other location specific channels)
- Google Paid Advertisement
- Facebook Marketing Platform
- Twitter Marketing Platform
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Domain-specific Blogs
- Referrals, and etc
Step 3 (Generate Traffic On your Online Presence): Shortlist Platforms Based On Popularity
If you have made a list of platforms on the basis of their popularity but You have to shorten your list according to budget and ROI. And Choose those platform which has the feature of targeting audience. Before a big investment, You should test each platform and measure your traffic.
Here are some of the common ways to assess the popular platforms.
- Google: Use Keyword Planner Tool to assess the search volume of relevant keywords and make a list of keywords that your target audience are using. For example search keywords for “Vegetarian restaurants in Delhi”
Following are the results of Average Monthly Search Volume in Delhi for all keywords related to “Vegetarian restaurants in Delhi”:
- Facebook: Facebook is a top social media and approximately every one have an account. So, Find that it relevant to your business. You can use Facebook Ads and target your audience.
- Go to: Facebook Ad manager
- Select “Traffic”
- Set Audience & Budget
- Twitter: You can choose Twitter Ad and set objective as “WEBSITE CLICKS OR CONVERSIONS” and define your audience and check the audience Summary, twitter will let you know the estimated reach.
- Measure competitor strategy: You can check out details on Similarweb.com, Follow.net, Compete.com, and Quantcast.com. These tools give you some idea about your competitor traffic and presence on the Internet.
Step 4 (Generate Traffic On your Online Presence): Shortlist The Mediums You Will Be Going After
All mediums are not possible from all sources. For example, On search engines, Organic & paid are the only medium possible. On Email List, Email is the only medium possible. For Social media, you can have Paid, Referral, Email Mediums.
Mediums are nothing but the ways to bring water from source tap. Following list shows some of the known ways of getting traffic from sources:
Here are some of the examples of mediums:
- Organic (traffic that comes to your website as a result of unpaid search results)
- Paid (traffic that comes to your website as a result of someone clicking on the ads)
- Email (someone clicking on the link to website in the email)
- Affiliate: (If the publishers on your source website lists your product or service and ask for commission out of business you generate as a result of that, it will be classed as affiliate)
- Referral: (Someone of the other channel with refers your website)
Step 5 (Generate Traffic On your Online Presence): Identify The Magnets To Pull Users From Shortlisted Sources To Your Website
The great business attracts customers through marketing magnet. They make plan and strategy according to audiences and target location. They identify the platforms and medium and work on it. Before you identify magnet, you should be clear about the budget. Normally, businesses do not think to invest money in creating magnets.
You need to understand the difference between “Magnet” and “Call to Action (CTA)”. take two cases like Case A, there is a CTA, “Click here” but there is no magnet. While in Case B, the company is offering Free Auditing Services as Magnet. While in Case B, the company will be investing extra money in offering free auditing service, but it will significantly increase the percentage number of users taking the desired action.
Here are some more examples:
- Below is the listing of BloggerWlogger (Blogging Training company) on Google. They are offering “FREE Orientation” Session as Magnet.
- Here is an HR Software company offering “Trial Version” as Magnet. While “Trial Version” is good Magnet for people who have decided to take software and are now considering various vendors for the same. It may not be a good magnet for users in the early stage of buying a funnel.