I am a professional interior designer that loves to follow a set of informal “rules”, based on specific interior design principles and elements. By keeping them balanced is the key to creating an aesthetically pleasing interior. These interior design elements are
- Space: Make the best use of whats is available. Working within 3-D (length, width, and height) by filling (positive Space) or keeping empty (Negative Space)
- Lines: Horizontal, vertical and dynamic lines guide the eye and create aesthetics
- Light: Is of 3 types, task lighting (defined purpose), accent lighting (emphasizing objects) and mood lighting (adding ambiance).
- Colour creates mood, defines unity & alters the perception of how large or small space is.
- Other elements that I focus on are Texture, Pattern, Forms, Function
I have experience in the following
- Interior Redesign: Taking stock of a clients’ furnishings & decorative accessories, then rearranging or “repurposing” them in the same space
- Professional Organizer: Cut through the clutter in people’s homes and businesses to help them live simpler, more organized lives
- Decorate homes of varying architectural styles to give them a fresh, new look.
- Design custom interiors for homebuilder’s model homes.
- Work with builders’ clients who need assistance making color choices for their newly built home (and maybe also get their business when they need help decorating it).
- Provide commercial design services.
- Function as a product-driven designer by both marketing products and designing interiors (the most common way to start out).
Hourly fee: Usually the fee is calculated based on the area of the room being designed.