Sales Funnel View – Macro View & Micro View
Deals with main stages of customer lifecycle. These stages could be
- Site Visitor – This step is to get traffic to your website
- Signup – This step is get email for visitors
- Nurture – This step is giving them free stuff to get them to buy stuff
- Close Deal – This step we finally make sales and get paid.
Deals with steps within the stages mentioned in the macro view. Each action a client needs to take can be a step. For example going from step 1 to step 2 the user needs to take these steps mentioned below and need to be considered while analysing a sales funnel in micro view.
- Read an informational Blog
- Checkout an enticing Call to action
- Analyse the offer in the CTA
- Add email & fill data and submit
How to optimize a sales funnel for a website?
- Create a sales funnel with a macro view
- Decide few key macro metrics to measure
- Measure results in macro view
- Find the stage that needs most improvement
- Dive into micro view for that stage of sales funnel
- Decide few key micro metrics to measure
- Measure results in micro view
- Find the steps that needs most improvement
- Fix one issue & measure again. If successful fix the next issue, if not successful try something different.
Tips For optimizing a sales funnel
- Set a benchmark – Measure conversion rates for each stage. Collect data for at least a month before starting any changes.
- Find Bottlenecks – Analyse the flow of people from one stage to another and the conversion rate. Is there a step where people are dropping out extraordinarily?
- Drop extra steps – When analysing ,micro view are there steps that can be simplified? Are there any steps that don’t serve an absolutely important purpose? DROP These steps
- First step Really easy – For every macro view keep the first step really really simple.
- Track Impact For Entire funnel – When you make any changes don’t make the mistake of just monitoring the conversion from one step to the next. Always track the impact on the entire funnel.
Research: If the customer comes to your website, They have a “need” or “want” that brought them there. Our research should focus on what this “need” or “want” is. This is a bit tricky. The customer may be looking for a bed and usually businesses try to sell the bed by listing out various features. But what the customer may want is a good night’s sleep and hardly anyone tries to cater to this core need.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row full_width=”stretch_row_content”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
|Stage 5 – Give price quote & cross your fingers||Stage 2 – Get them to read/view content||Stage 3 – Get them to share contact info & nurture them||Stage 4 – Get them to view our sales pitch||Stage 5 – Give price quote & cross your fingers|
|What is the customer thinking||
||The customer knows the problem, they know the solution now they have to compare b/w various options available||The customer is ready to buy a service/product||
|What should the business do?||
||Nature the customer with free content, trial offer, newsletters, freebies||Give the customer data about your product features through downloads, newsletters, product pages, forums, and zillion other methods on the website||
|How Content marketing Works||
||The same content is also used for stage two.
||At this stage we need to tempt the customer to share their email/contact info with us.
||This is the PRODUCT PAGE with list of product features etc||THIS IS BUY PAGE with checkout option|
|Where is client in our sales funnel?||People Don’t know what do we charge||People don’t know About our products/service||People don’t have interest in our product/service||People have not Seen our Sales Proposal/offer||People Don’t know what do we charge|
|Content purpose||GIVE THEM A QUOTE||Make people aware product/services. If they have ready the entire blog or watch the complete video. This stage is success||Get people interested in product/services. If they have shared their contact details. THis stage is a success.||SALES PITCH||GIVE THEM A QUOTE|
|TOOLS||Buy now page with price – What all is included in the package||Client targeted through – Blogs, Social Media profile updates & Video Creation
Information collected through – Strategic placement of Calls to action
· Subscription CTAs – nurture leads through content through email newsletter
· Download CTAs – nurture leads through content through email newsletter
· Sales CTAs- Send them to sales page directly (Instant Gratification Psychology at work) to Stage
Type of content needed – good social updates, images, info graphics, helpful YouTube videos, gif animation, high quality bog content
|Client targeted through – Social Newsletters, Downloadable content sent to email lists, nature leads
Type of content needed – HTML newsletter, mail chimp 3rd party services, Email Servers like
|Sales Copy without Price – How the product service will help the client||Buy now page with price – What all is included in the package|
|What is the business thinking?||If they buy. Well done. If there is usually high drop off means the price is too high or we have been focusing on the wrong client.||Initially business knows very little or nothing about their clients. Information gathered through website analytics gives us demographics which is needed to build buyer personas||Business dont know details about individual Clients. They should Get personal Info like email, phone no, website etc. Start a one to one dialogue, collect feedback, send offers, telemarketing,||We know they are interested on our Sales OFFER.But We don’t know if they will like the COST. Also if the clients are dropping at this stage means our sales copy is not good and needs customization||If they buy. Well done. If there is usually high drop off means the price is too high or we have been focusing on the wrong client.|