Step 1: Find Mentions of Your Business that do not have Backlinks
Visit https://buzzsumo.com and enter any keyword related to Your Business.
- Scan for all potential variations of your company
- Search for the brand name
- Search for products, tools, or assets.
- Search your employee names as CEO, CTO, etc may be referred to in some unlinked articles.
- Alternate spellings of your brand name.
You’ll see a list of sites with these keywords.
Step 2: Prepare a list of websites and related pages on Your Business.
Create a new spreadsheet with the following columns
- Fill in the details in this spreadsheet.
- Add the keyword in column A the website which mentions this in Column B.
- Find an appropriate related page on your business and fill this in Column C.
- Prioritize based on the highest SEO or PR value (use Moz, Majestic, and Ahrefs metrics)
Step 3: Find website owners
- Check out the contact section for any available email ID.
- You may try Google searching for “@website.com”
- You can use the website contact form.
- You can also use www.who-is.com to find the website owner and their email ID. eg – https://www.whois.com/whois/corpocrat.com shows the email ID as email@example.com.
- In the given example, we can see that there’s an email ID firstname.lastname@example.org on Google search results.
Step 4: Email outreach
Send an email to the website owner in the following format.
I was looking for some articles on being a perpetual traveler and visited your website through Google search. On your page you have mentioned how to use bitcoins to be a perpetual traveler.
I would like to give you a heads up that I have a site which helps people in getting second passports and being a perpetual traveler. This is the page – https://YourBusinessWebsite.com/pt/.
I think it will help the readers of your article, so was wondering if you could link to my page.
Either ways, keep up the great work!
Note: Modify the content in red depending on the page and keyword.
Step 5: Follow-up
- Follow up when: Link hasn’t been added OR You haven’t heard back.
- Follow up after some time interval
- First Followup: 3 Days after between 3 pm & 5 pm
- Second followup after a week
- Third after 2 weeks
- DO NOT spam them daily.
- Check for an alternate email to contact.
- Track your outreach efforts in a spreadsheet.
- You never know, you might be able to build a relationship with the more enthusiastic respondents and possibly earn a guest post or featured article.
Step 6: Track progress and results
- Timeframe: This should be a quarterly process.
- Results detected: Once a publisher agrees it can take on average a week to get this backlink implemented.
- Average links sent per month: 15-20% of outreach results in a successful placement.
- Tools needed: SEMrush, BuzzSumo, Majestic
- Discover unlinked mentions of your brand
- Beneficial to your SEO rankings
- Backlinks also guide potential customers to your website
- Increase the total amount of referral traffic.